This is an opportunity to join the OT301 and become a member of the collective by running one of the public spaces.
The space is 102 square meters, is located on the ground floor OT301 and consists of:
-Open kitchen area;
-Vast dining/ floor area;
-Small stage area;
-Storage nearby kitchen area.
The room has its windows facing the internal courtyard, i.e. there is no direct access from the street. The entrance is, however, wheelchair accessible.
The call is open from 31-1-2023 until 31-4-2023
Shortlisted candidates interviews will take place in May.
An ALV meeting to meet and welcome the new member will take place in June
New contract starts from: July or August 2023 with an initial contract of 1 year with potential extension for 5 years.
About the OT301
OT301 is a legalised squat. A multimedia cultural centre encompassing a mix of non-commercial, (sub)cultural, artistic and activist projects and people. OT301 is owned and run by a collective. All renters are members of the collective and must have an interest in playing an active part. Amongst other things, this means participating in regular meetings and taking responsibility for various tasks.
If you only want to rent a space and are not interested in the commitment required to become a member in such a collective - please do NOT apply.
Priorities will be given to projects that have a focus on:
-Non commercial kitchen/canteen
-Food and sustainability
-Arts and culture
The space is NOT suitable for loud noise. As with all spaces within the OT301, the room itself is not completely insulated from noise/sound made in other parts of the building either, so you would need to be able to work with that.)
Daytime activities are most welcome -the noise pollution from evening programmes in other spaces below and above has an effect on the room's acoustics-.
Small scale events (exhibitions, meetings, presentations, acoustic concerts) are welcome if the noise level is kept at a safe level - see above. Events will be discussed in the Public Spaces group, which you will join.
About the project that will join the OT301:
- will be responsible for programming and taking care of the spaces, in collaboration with the other public spaces: Cinema/Ventilatiekamer, Studios 301, 4bid Gallery;
- will join at least one working group, by becoming a member of the EHBK, collective that runs the OT301;
- will be present at general meetings, where decisions about cultural projects and sustainability of OT301 take place;
- will share initiative, creative inputs and enthusiasm for developing and nurturing the independent art and culture scene.
The rent cost is in the region of €902,86 eur per month, inclusive of electricity/water/gas. Please note that there will be a 5% increase on service costs to take into consideration.
IMPORTANT: for public spaces there will be a deposit of 3 months rent asked at commencement, additional to the first month's rent. This deposit will be returned when the contract ends/space is left in good condition.
You are asked to be a legal body at commencement of the contract, and to have at least two SVH licensed members.
Applications should include the following:
- Description of the project, what and how you envision it happening in these particular spaces, including if possible, documentation of previous projects that the candidate has had experience with -text, images.
- Description of the project, 1Y plan and approach of how you would integrate into the building and its organisation.
- What is your idea of the OT301 and why would you like to be a part of it.
NB: reach out DURING the APPLICATION PERIOD if you have questions or need support with your proposals!
Proposals to be sent by 31-4-23 to (email only):
firstname.lastname@example.org with subject "PROJECT PROPOSAL"
In May you will be contacted with details on the result of the application and when shortlisted, invited to meet the rest of the collective and present the project / ask and answer questions in June.
We look forward to hearing from you.